First Isaac and I had our 5th year 4th Ward Reunion. The evening was very nice. Isaac and I really enjoyed our visit with Bishop and Sister Greco. Bishop and Sister Greco were very influential in our young institute days. We spent many Sunday and Monday's at their house for Ward functions. Bishop's doors were always open and he would always greet you in the hallway with a smile. Rachelle Nevitt and her husband were there from Queen Creek and announced that they were expecting in December. Rachelle is a good friend from Queen Creek that played a very positive role in my conversion to the church. I would sit with her family at church in Queen Creek before I was baptized. Rachelle also came up to NAU with me where we both ran track. Robert Matthews, Marlenda Luther, Emily Greco, Vanessa Morales and Jared are just a few of the friends we got to catch up with. The reason I was feeling a little old was because of the other young adults that were introduced as 'after our time' and we had the most kids (only 2).
Anyhow we took 4 kids under 2 in the Lava Tube, ya we know, crazy. Well, at first it sounded awesome because just last month we took the kids on a 2 mile hike in Sedona and they did great. Well, we thought this one would go accordingly but to my dismay the opposite occurred. We started spelunking down huge rocks to the opening of the deep dark cave. At about 10ft down we kept assuring our friends that it gets flatter just up the way. Well boy our memories had failed us. All the kids were getting fussy then they started crying and eventual screaming. It was cold, dark, steep, wet, and busy. Non of which are a good mix with kids, especially toddlers. Anywho we got down about 30ft ate a snack and took pictures and then made our way back out. So needless to say we will not be visiting the Lava Tubes for 20 more years.
Old moment came when I realized that my memory had escaped me on how, what, when, where, why about the the LAVA TUBES and then that my life revolves on my little ones abilities, not so much my own. We ended up having a very nice evening with the Morriss', enjoying May showers and grilled pizza.
Last but not least getting old moment #3. Daddy and Autumn have always had a very special bond even having very similar habits. Ice cream fetish, love of movies, stubbornness, athleticism, and shyness. Well, Autumn is always looking out for her daddy and so when we are shopping she always reminds me to pick up Daddy's bacon. For those of you who do not know Isaac loves bacon. Mainly with chicken and breakfast. Every mourning when Autumn and I get up I ask her if she wants, eggs or oatmeal and she usually chooses oatmeal and raisins but when Daddy is home on Saturday's she comes running in our room saying 'Bacon and eggs Daddy, bacon and eggs daddy.' She insists that Isaac should cook bacon and eggs. He usually does make us delicious Saturday mourning breakfast's. So, this makes me feel old because my grandma, who does not have a computer to read this blog, has eaten bacon for breakfast her entire life, talk about heart attack. She is 86 though, I guess it cannot be all that bad.
2 comments:
I too have "old" moments - and I think it gets worse as you get older (can that be?). I'm pretty sure I could never do Lava Tubes (too claustrophobic), and especially with children. I think you are very brave people to have attempted such a feat :)
hey Tera!! I am so glad to see you on here!! Its fun to see what you guys have been up to!! I remember a Lava Tube trip with Garrett and I, Issac and... i am not sure. At least they were all good times!:)Your kids are adorable!!
Post a Comment