Okay so here goes the beginning of a great PUBLIC journal. I spend my free time after the kids go to bed reading friends blogs and thought, you know that would be a treat to have our own. Our life has been quite busy this year with many wonderful things and what better way to share them with those we love. So here is the breakdown of the HAPPENINGS in the Larsen home. 1. We had our 2nd child January 22, Bruce Dwaine Larsen. He is the 3rd love of my life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom to such wonderful children. Bruce is quite funny. He is an all or nothing baby. He is either laughing his head off at the 'tickle monster' or mad as ever because he wants his diaper changed. I kind of like that he knows what he wants EXCEPT when I don't know what he wants. Having a baby boy has also brought a realization of my responsibility to raise a little man that is worthy of the priesthood. I am also trying extremely hard to make him a mommy's boy since Autumn is a daddy's girl but I still think Isaac is getting the upper hand. When Isaac gets home Bruce just lights up he loves to be with dad. Autumn is very fond of her brother. From day one she has been very aware of his needs, even trying to hold him on her own if he is sad and mom does not come quick enough.
2. We are buying a house. YEPEEEEEEEEEEEE! We are so excited to finally settle down. It seems like our whole married life has led up to this great accomplishment. We have had so many offers to leave Flagstaff and do something new and exciting but because of the steadfastness of Isaac we have made our long term goals a reality. Now I am not trying to make Isaac sound like the Scrooge but because of his long term perspective and determination we have been able to buy a house in Flagstaff. We thought it would never be possible to buy here but because of the market and waiting for the right time we will close next week on our dream house. Dream first time house that is. The house is 1 bath, 3 bedroom on 2.5 acres out in Doney Park. The property is fenced with the white vinyl fencing that you see in Kentucky, this is my personal favorite. It has horse sheds and mature trees. Isaac has already worked so hard on the house repairing things for the first time home buyers program we are going thru. I am so proud of his hard work and grateful for such a strong (literally) man.
3. I just got released from my calling as Primary Chorister, which I loved, to Stake Primary 1st Counselor. I am so humbled and grateful for the new things I will learn. I am also very excited to share my experiences with my mother in law who had the same calling when she was a young mom and wife.4.Singaua Track is coming to a close, sad day. This year as the High Jump Coach I really had a rewarding experience. I worked with Taylor Stapley who with a lot of pure talent and encouragement from me she won region and will place well if not win state with a 5'6 jump. My other athletes where boys, 12 boys. Everyday was an adventure. I am really looking forward to next year with them since this year was just getting the basics down. It will also be nice when Bruce is a little older so we will not have to swaddle him so much when it is crazy cold. Sometimes I wonder why they even have track in Flagstaff, then I am pleasantly reminded when it is 75 degrees with full sunshine.
5.Isaac finished his 4th term in his Electrical Journeyman's Program. He has done so well. President Jersha from the Stake said that he was their star pupil. He really works hard and is succeeding. Isaac comes home and tells us all these awesome electrical facts that Autumn and I really do not have any idea about. Like did you know that if you stick a ground rod in the ground and put current to it you will receive a greater voltage the further away you get from the ground rod. So what is a current anyway.6.We cannot end our quarterly update without mentioning Autumn. She has learned so much just since turning 2. She talks now, alot. Mostly about wanting fruit snacks, watching Babe the movie, and babies being asleep or awake. She is really into movies right now. I think it is her little break when we have been running around everywhere. Autumn also has become really close to her friend Makayla Morriss. She often talks about her and her new sandbox. She is a very big helper when mom has to babysit Peter. Autumn brings him toys, gives him his pacifer, feeds him Cheerios, and makes him laugh. We love her!

3 comments:
Wah whoo! You have a blog!! Now we can always keep in touch!
I'm so happy you have a blog now! I miss you ever-so much!
Well, it's about time!! Now, not only will you live down the street from me but I can "stalk" you on the internet! :) I'm really impressed, it's very cute, if I may add--scrapbook quality.
Post a Comment