Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Here is what is happening!

Track season is in full swing at Sinagua High School and you know what that means... Spring is almost here. We have been practicing inside almost every day up until spring break. The weather has been very cold and not very ideal for this outside sport we call OUTDOOR track. All is well though! We are outside now and heading to the 4th meet of the season. This year I am coaching high jump, long jump and triple jump. I have really come to enjoy coaching the long and triple jump this year. Except, at any given time I will have 15 athletes over at the pit 3 who have still never seen what the event actually looks like, 2 who never remember their mark, and 4 who are exceptionally good who should have their own session to jump. The most rewarding part about this year is that there is 16 LDS kids on the team. I feel like it really sets the tone for the whole team and allows the coaches to do what we love, coach not babysit. I have also been lucky enough to get to coach two athletes who are naturals. Now, if you do not know what natural is than you have never coached. Basically it is the athletes that make coaching easy and rewarding. Natural athletes are the kind that you can say "Okay this is high jump; you run straight, then curve, then jump, then land." And then they do it and clear 5'8 at the first meet.
Autumn and I have also been working outside. We finished the rock flower bed at the house with the finishing touches of Gladiolus and Lily bulbs. We then started on a rock flower bed around our tree in the driveway. By next week I think we will have enough dirt collected to plant. Third project involved tearing out all the pavers from our walkway and digging a 4 in by 8ft hole to replace them. The project is coming along nicely, especially since Autumn and Bruce like the sand and worms that we dig up. Lastly, we planted bell peppers and tomatoes inside to transplant in May and we started a strawberry patch in our new garden bed.
March has also been our first full month of horse boarding. Our neighbor lady boards her two horses here at the Larsen Family Ranch (we now have 3 animals including Socko our dog and excluding our 7 bunnies). Autumn enjoys having the horses here and it is one step closer to us having our own horses. I think Autumn is getting more anxious to ride than I am. The other day at a track meet someone asked Autumn if she was going to be a high jumper one day and she said "No I ride horses!" I think she is well on her way to being a horse lover.

In other happenings, in August we will be.................................................................................................
adding to our family. It's a BOY! AND Isaac already has a name for him and Bruce already knows he will be on the fast track to growing up and Autumn already knows that she is well protected when she grows up and I already know that I need a double jogging stroller.

10 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Wow! Congrats on #3! I think we need to come visit the Larsen Ranch sometime. That's great that you have horses now!

Kristi said...

Yay!!! Congrats on a boy!!! I didn't know you were finding out yet! Hooooray!
I never could figure out the triple jump.... I had to stick with the easier stuff! ;)

janae said...

Heaven sakes, I just learned a lot about you guys in this post! It's funny the things that seem normal to you, but that those of us who are far away don't realize. First, you coach track?? I had no clue! How does that work with your schedule? How fun for you. I bet you love it! Second, you guys have animals??! Yeah, another big surprise for me. Next time we'll have to come down to see the bunnies. And the horses if you're still boarding them.

Last, CONGRATULATIONS!! How far apart will Bruce and the new baby be? And how far apart are Autumn and Bruce? I'm just wondering how they add up in comparison to my three. :) Okay, so I asked a lot of questions. I'm really curious about getting caught up! Here's our email:

samuel janae at gmail dot com

Sharon said...

Yeah - congrats on baby #3!! That is great news. I love the picture of Autumn on the horse - so cute!

Jamie said...

Wahoo! Congrats Lasens! I am so excited you are having another kiddo. We miss you guys!

Monica said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you! YEAH!!!

Leah said...

So exciting! Congratulations on the baby boy! It's great to see what you guys are up to.

randi said...

congratulations! you guys sound like you are doing wonderful things up there. i'm so glad to get a peek into your life and stay caught up. thank goodness for blogs! =)

Kate said...

Congratulations on the baby! Because of all the drama with my health, I'm only now just catching up on blogs. Sounds like you're doing very well. :)

The Hyatt's said...

That is so awesome!! Congratulations to you guys too! How funny is that that we are due the same day! You have two ADORABLE little ones already and I can't wait to see little boy #2!!