I was not raised as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I was baptized at the age of 17 so I did not get the opportunity to go to Primary. However, once I was married I received a calling in the Primary as a nursery leader, then a teacher, then as the chorister and now as the a stake primary counselor. I have had many meaningful and valuable learning experiences in each capacity that I have served. Each bringing new meaning to the gospel and strengthening my testimony. All the while, we are raising our two, almost three, children to love and cherish the gospel. We have been doing the best we can to follow the prophets counsel in doing scripture study, family home evening, family prayer, attending church and the Temple. The entire time wondering, hoping, praying that this will help them gain a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ.
Well, last week my heart swelled to the brim with a reassurance that the prophet and apostles are called of God. Autumn after many lengthy testimonies born in FHE she bore her testimony in sacrament meeting at church. She was first prompted by a little boys voice over the pulpit "I like to bare my testimony...." Immediately she felt that she needed to share her testimony. I was not quite sure whether to take her or not since she is so young and I wanted her to be able to do it on her own. Autumn continued to ask if she could bare her testimony, so up we went. I asked her if she wanted me to go first, she nodded, then I thought oh great now she is going to go silent. We walked up to the pulpit and I bore my testimony about the truths that I knew and then lowered the microphone. AND to my delight she began "I like to bare my testimony I know the church is true.." Then she looked up at me as if to say mom was that okay. Then without a moments thought she continued "I know Jesus loves me. I love my mom, dad, and broder (brother). I love my dog. In the name of Jesus Christ. AMEN. After we were walking down to our seats the song Follow the Prophet kept going through my head. There really are prophets and apostles that lead and guide this church under the direction of Jesus Christ. It felt like all the learning I have been given through my callings in the church had all been solidified in her little testimony.
Autumn really is my spiritual giant! She goes around the house all day singing songs about being a sunbeam, Jesus being baptized, following the prophet, being a builder of families, apricot trees, wise and foolish men, and being a child of God. At night she reminds us to read HER scriptures. Before meals she volunteers to say a prayer, which usually includes everyone she knows including Socko her dog and daddy at work. She also loves her nursery class and teachers. What a wonderful example she is to me and how blessed she is that she will have the opportunity to have the gospel of Jesus Christ for her whole life.
4 comments:
Awesome post. I got a little teary eyed. Because of my little giant, who is 8. Isn't it the biggest blessing to have these little spiritual leaders born first to be the example to thier siblings!
So sweet!
What a beautiful experience -both the one at church and the many at home. Thank you for sharing it, Keep up the great work.
Isn't it really an honor to be parents to such strong spirits! Sometimes I wonder who is teaching who. They really do come with a strength and knowledge that they are given before they come here. And I think a lot of times we are here to help them remember and solidify those testimonies. You are doing a great job Tera!
Post a Comment