Friday, September 24, 2010

Oh you make me smile

Have you ever met a person that just makes you smile?
Grin from ear to ear?
Giggle with delight?
Or as Uncle Cracker put it smile like the sun, buzz like a bee, sing like a bird?
A few nights ago I was at Relief Society Meeting (ya know the ol' Enrichment) and my good friend Jana was sitting next to me holding Dryan. She was talking to him, giving him some good one liners ,and reciting ol Irish Jigs (JK), having a good ol time. The reason I could tell they were having so much fun was because Dryan was grinning from ear to ear, literally. He was smiling so big. I wish I had my camera. Jana and I started to laugh because usually those big baby grins are for the tootie rooties, but his were actually laugh out loud grins. Ever since then he has been giving us those big smiles. What is so cool though, is that Jana makes all my kids smile.
A couple of Sunday's ago Jana was sitting behind us in Sacrament. Bruce was turned around flurting with Jana. Jana briefly looked down to help her daughter and Bruce bursted into tears. He was so sad that Jana had looked away that Isaac actually had to calm him down in the hall. Whenever we are on her blog he will point her out and when we see her he will open up his arms to give her a hug.
Jana also makes me smile. She is the kind of person that, like the song says, see the best of me inside her eyes. She makes me glad to be me! I love the rhymes that she has for each of my kids and that she can make anything like rock loving and basketball spiritual. Her heart is so tender and loving. She sees the Savior's love all around. I love that she is so good to people and makes friends so easily. Jana makes you feel like she has no other friend but you, yet she has so many friends. Isaac often says "I am so glad that Jana is so good to our kids." And I am so glad and blessed that she is so good to me.
I hope I can one day be as kind, loving, funny, and spiritual as
Jana Bana Fana Bo Bana Brown!








1 comment:

Brant and Jana said...

ohh Tera you are too nice. Thanks so much!