Friday, January 7, 2011

Alternate Sleeping Arrangments

I will start off by saying I think sleep is very important. Hence, the reason our bedtime routine takes 30 minutes. For the kids we would ideally start at 7:00p.m. by cleaning up the toys in the living room, putting PJ's on, dimming lights, read a book, talk about a gospel art picture, read scriptures, sing a song, have family prayer, go potty, brush teeth, tuck into bed, and turn on music box. With Dryan I ideally do the Baby Whisper by waiting for the first yawn or eye rubbing, we go sing a little song in the chair then I put him down, awake, with his crocheted blanket in hand, by his face and put binkie in. I follow the feed, play, sleep pattern which means by the time I put him down he falls right to sleep on his own. I think my parents including my mother in law thinks I am crazy. Every time we are in Winslow and my baby yawns she hands over the baby and will lightly joke about how he needs to be put in bed. I am just glad I know better and don't have to nurse the little one to sleep, I have done that method before and boy its time consuming.
Well, let remind you that all that is IDEAL, on a good day!
Yesterday, we would have made all the grandparents so proud!
With Bruce's new sleeping arrangements he HAPPILY talks, sings, and does not get to actual sleep until 8:30 and we find that he is not even in his own big boy bed, but in his sisters bed. Good thing she does not seem to mind!


And then, we were playing along with Dryan and he just falls asleep on the couch.

Twice.
Baby Whispers would be so disappointed.

Truth be told, with all that sleeping on, I am probaly the one who is getting the least amount of sleep thanks to the Morriss' X box Kinect, Netflix, Shrek, Tommy Lee Jones, Bruce's new sleeping arrangements, and a 4 month old baby.
Oh well, naptime is only 5 hours away!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

That is awesome. Nothin' better than a cute, sleeping baby. Okay, maybe an awake, laughing baby is just as good :) Sounds like you've got it all figured out.