The Mackey's are always commenting on my enthusiasm for new projects or ideas, but now I have visual proof that they are as intense as I am about things they are interested in. Our family's really are similar, I mean what other family do you know that looooves couponing, DLTK kid crafting, treat eating, gardening, and composting.
I love their enthusiasm for the simple things in life!
The latest project is soil blocking. They made these 2 in soil blocks that we planted our heirloom seeds in. I emphasize heirloom because in theory we will never buy seeds again. Jenny's sister, April, did extensive research and brought seeds all the way from Texas for us to experiment with. The soil blocks are now in aquariums to replicate a small greenhouse. This experiment has been more entertaining for us than the snow. I am so excited to see the little sprouts come to life.
This past weekend we got the opportunity to be a part of a sample 'Let's Play Music' class. The curriculum is amazing and the opportunity's endless. By the end of the program children 6-7 could be playing intermediate piano, but most importantly they are exposed to all types of music, specifically classical and they learn music theory through movement and play. Well, it is a huge financial and time commitment, along with a couple of variables, but yesterday Autumn made our decision very clear. Track practice was canceled and Autumn was bummed because JC was going to play her French Horn for her. Well, Autumn made her own little concert and I realized if anything this girl loves music and oh the places it could take her!
3 comments:
You are so funny Tera! There are lots of people who love all those things;) Especially in our ward! I am excited Autumn is doing the "Lets Play Music" class! I wish Hannah was going to be old enough, but I think we are going to get Russell in it! FUN!
And good luck with your seeds - that will be really exciting to watch!
Kristi, I guess I was trying to make a joke of it that we have so many good people that love the simple things in life. I hope we all know a few people that help us to stay grounded and remind us what is important!
Hey, my cousin is who started Lets Play Music. I know it's an awesome program!
Post a Comment