Thursday, March 24, 2011

2 Lies & 1 Truth

Have you ever played the get-to-know you game where you tell 2 fibs and 1 truth about yourself and then the group tries to guess which statement is true?
In school this was my favorite game!
In fact, my very first church institute class we did this game!
The reason I love this game is because I have very talented parents and it would make it difficult for people to guess which statement was true. I would say "I have sky dived, I have been to Europe, and my mom is a 6 time World Champion Bullrider!"
or
I would use "I have ten siblings, I was born in New York City, and my dad went to the Olympic Trials in cycling."
I still consider my mom and dad as my hero's. They are such talented, dedicated and hard working people that I try to live my life so that it reflects what they have achieved. The greatest legacy that I think that they left for me, was that the whole family was a part of the sweat and blood it took to achieve their goals. I actually got to be their when my mom won her world titles; right along with my little sister who would be cuddled up, sleeping on my mom's riggen bag during the whole action. I got to be there when my dad completed his fastest time trial ever. I appreciate my parents for taking me along for the ride.




Today the kids and I got to be part of the Coconino Track Team's Black and Red Meet. The athletes were broken up into two teams. They competed in 3 different field events and running to win team bragging rights. If the team got a parent or teacher to compete they got more points. I was asked to be on the black team. I competed in the pole vault, long jump, and 4x100. The best part of the whole day was that Autumn, Brucey, and Dryan were there to cheer me on!

6 comments:

janae said...

Your mom is a 6-time World Champion Bull Rider????!!! Okay, now THAT is cool.

The Morriss Family said...

Lookin' awesome Tera! You go girl. You are so blessed to be apart of such a talented family!

Havilah said...

I probably haven't told you lately. But I think you're awesome!!

The Barb Chronicles said...

Tera! You will never guess it, but we live in the SAME ward as Issac's brother, the football coach! His daughter and my daughter are friends at school! yay! He bore his testimony on fast Sunday and I had to go ask him if he had a brother in Flag because they look IDENTICAL! Small world, eh? How are you guys?

Sharon said...

That is awesome!

Nicole and Erik said...

Of Course you can still go out and dominate the pole vault! I am not surprised by this post at all. You are, and always will be my hero!