Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Only A Mother's Love

A couple of months ago I called my mom confessing how pathetic I had become!


I had actually went to Home Depot to buy steer poop for my garden! She laughed and agreed that I had become quite the city slicker. Back at home on the ranch we have acres and acres of poop. Horse, bull, steer, goat, chicken, pig, even turtle poop. As a young child I once thought that if I could bag it and sell it I would be rich, but who wants to haul poop for a living.


Well, my mom, being the redneck she is, surprised me with a truck full of down home manure from the ranch. I was so delighted and flattered that my mom brought just what I always wanted, poo!

We then all headed out to camp in the Cedar's. Isaac took us to this beautiful little spot by Twin Arrows to camp. I cooked up dutch oven stew for dinner and mountain man hash for breakfast.


Besides the 40 mile hour wind gusts it was the most pleasant camping I had done since having kids, everyone slept through the night and it was comfortably cool.

The next mourning we cut wood, which Isaac enjoys more than any Lumberjack I know.
Everyone pitched in which was fun!




My mom brought her chainsaw and Autumn and her worked on their own trees.


Dryan and I sat in the truck since the ground was anything but baby crawling proof.



4 comments:

janae said...

I always feel really pathetic whenever I have to buy dirt, sand, manure, etc. I mean, you can find it just about anywhere in the world, and I'm BUYING it?!!

Jamie said...

That is too funny. Aren't mom's the best? I love how they always seem to know what you need and when you need it!

Sharon said...

Awe, what a great Mom you have. And I love how everyone helped with the wood cutting. Bruce and Autumn look cute in their protective eye gear ;)

{kim} said...

Lucky! I hate having to buy manure. I would love a truck full of poo! What is mountain men hash?? I'm always looking for a good camping recipe :)