Thursday, July 28, 2011

Triathlon Progress

I am excited to say that I have been able to do some type of training each day, except for Sunday's, for my triathlon. I really feel healthy and that my efforts will sustain me through a 250yd swim, 13 mile bike, and 3 mile run. However, I think I will have to settle for an average race because the triathlon has become a family affair.
Now don't get me wrong I am enjoying every minute of our family workouts, but as far as pushing my aerobic endurance, not so much. The picture above is a very good example of how my bike rides or runs go. And though I don't have a picture of the dog tied to the stroller, Autumn riding her bike, Bruce trotting along the road, the other dog under my feet, and Dryan enjoying the ride in the stroller, it is quite a circus non the less.
Bruce has impressed me beyond measure. The first two weeks he would beg me to get out of the stroller and run with me, but I would bribe him with a Popsicle or try to distract him. Last week he insisted on running, so I let him loose. The kid actually ran or trotted 1 mile, a whole mile, all the way to our friends house four streets down. It WAS AMAZING! He would just shuffle shuffle down the road. Now if I run he runs. At a mile he usually hops in, but I love having a running buddy.
Autumn has also done a terrific job of bike training. Each day I take her on a little longer ride and yesterday she rode about 5 miles all on her own. We don't speed down the road, but we enjoy our ride. Autumn usually is chattering away about rocks or horses. It is sooooo fun!
So here is a cheer for my little ones who could have been pioneer children, singing as they walked and walked and walked!

2 comments:

janae said...

Your kids are gonna be crazy good athletes if you keep this up! It's amazing to me that they can already run and bike so far!

Sharon said...

Awesome. I love that your children love participating with you.