
This past weekend Autumn and I got the most awesome opportunity! We did the Snowbowl
Climb to Conquer Caner. The best part was climbing with all my family and friends.

Just two years ago I had never known anyone personally that had cancer. Then one day after visiting my sister and her family my niece had been feeling yucky. They were not sure what the cause of her aches were and the very next day Halli went in and was diagnosed with ovarian cancer at the age of 9. Then Isaac's uncle, aunt and grandma got cancer that same year.
The walk became even more meaningful when we found out on Friday that Isaac's grandmother passed away. I felt like it was an actual closure or a proper saying good bye to her because as we walked up the mountain, surrounded by all of Heavenly Father's marvelous creations, I felt that she was at peace up in heaven. On the climb was the first time I had told Autumn about grandma Diana's passing and it was so remarkable to bare my testimony about where grandma Diana went.
It was also amazing to talk with my niece and sister about their journey with cancer. It was remarkable to hear the strength their family had to have and continues to show. Their faith has grown so much that it is almost contagious. If a little girl of 9 can be so close to leaving earth but have tremendous faith that the Lord is watching her and that she is in His hands, than I can believe in great plan of salvation.

Every mile was a stepping stone to accomplishing our goal! We climbed 6 1/2 miles straight up Snowbowl road. Autumn walked about 2 miles herself. It was so fun to make little goals for her to reach. The whole time we would remind ourselves of why we were doing the climb. We said to ourselves, "We are exhausted for this brief moment, but just think of what the people with cancer have to endure each day."

I am so grateful for this spiritual and physical building experience.
3 comments:
Beautiful post, Tera. You said it perfectly! It was a very humbling, inspiring walk. Thank you for sharing it with me! Hopefully we can do it again next year. Jeremy really wants to do it too!
Neat, Tera! Wish we could have been there!
Wow, what an awesome experience.
Post a Comment