Wednesday, August 8, 2012

These are a few of my favorite things

Favorite color: orange (sunset orange)
Favorite shoes: cowboy boots
Favorite sport: track & field
Favorite car: Isaac's truck
Favorite movie: Secretariat
Favorite food: watermelon
Favorite drink: milk
Favorite way to exercise: bike riding
Favorite thing EVER: The OLYMPICS
My dad was a cyclist way back when.  He was able to travel all across Europe for three years with a cycling group.  After training and competing with the group he was invited to the 1968 Olympic Trials.  He did not make the team but the experience was a once and a life time opportunity.  My dad continued to do cycling and later coached a cyclist in the 1984 Los Angles Olympics (in the year and on the day I was born 8-4-84). Then 14 years later I joined the track team and went to Pole Vault Camp where I met and trained with the soon to be Olympic gold medalist Nick Hysong and Stacey Dragila. Recently, as a high school track coach I invited Diego Estrada to do a motivational speech in February and now in August he is at the Olympics, AWESOME!
If you needed any other reason as to why I LOVE LOVE the Olympics then just watch it yourself, the most amazing talent in the world on one stage, exceptional!

So as you can see I love my birth date and for this years birthday my visiting teacher recorded every moment of the Olympics for me to watch and then my friend brought over bunny ear antennae so I could watch it in the comfort of my own home.  The kids and I have loved every moment.  GO USA! And GO kind friends!
We also found time to go hiking to practice for Climb to Conquer Cancer. Caves Crater is just three miles from our house and has one of the most amazing views of our little green community.

On my real birthday I got to do my first long run since getting back into running, 3.7 miles.  Then we drove to Winslow for fun with cousins and more Olympic action.
Fun times, I am never disappointed in all the amazing people around me who make my birthday special!
Thanks everyone!

No comments: