Yep, you saw it, Prairie Dog target practice. Our friends Taffy and Michael Eagar came up from the valley to stay with us. One mourning we were watching the Prairie Dogs run around and talk to each other like some little mafia. So Taffee goes and gets her bow and waits for the little heathen to pop up. AND would you know it she got one as swiftly as you can say ATTACK. Now for all of you that are feeling really bad for the Prairie Dog, DON'T. These dogs that we thought would be a good idea to raise carry rabies and other diseases. They also pull out gardens and making obnoxious holes that horses can break a leg in.
Needless to say, Taffee is my hero and I think I am glad to be her friend not enemy. She grew up shooting guns and bows. She has been known to out shoot guys, even her husband. Thanks so much to the Eager's who know how to have fun and use weapons.
This past weekend Isaac went to Winslow to play football. He had a blast with his brothers and friends. They said they played pretty well and he had some great plays. In between plays he kept telling me about awesome tackles, and here I thought it was FLAG football. BUT I guess I am not known for playing any sport mildly either. The repercussions of such a fun time came in extreme REDNESS. He was scratched from waist to toe from the awesome new turf field at Winslow High. Then he had a punch Koolade sunburn on his legs, except for two lines on his calves where he wears his stilts (we cannot figure that one out yet). I did not get a picture but it pretty much HURTS. Last night we helped some friends put in their garden and I was so surprised that he actually was kneeling to plant squash because he can barley get off the couch without looking like a grandpa.
2 comments:
Prairie dog target practice - sounds like an activity one should not pass up when surrounded by prairie dogs.
Good times at the Larsen's house!! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment