Thursday, July 30, 2009

Daughter like Mother


As a mom you try to teach your children how to stay out of danger and treat others kindly. Most of the time many of things I am trying to teach Autumn never sink in until the 8th or 90th time. For instance POTTY TRAINING, boy that is a long RROOOAAADD. Bumpy and dirty road that is. Then there is other things that sink in without me even consciously teaching her, like how to make a jelly and butter sandwich, dress herself, pour her own milk, pick up Brucey Boy (aaaahhhh), open the car trunk, or turn on the bath. I am just so proud of her independence. Well, the other day it was Sunday and I had just got done doing my hair and it started to rain. So, since we do not have an umbrella I opted to use the next best thing, a plastic bag over my head. It worked well and saved the do for the talk in church I had to give. Anyhow, the next day Autumn went out to play and realized that it was raining and her shoes and hair were getting wet. She came in the house and proceeded to tell me about her predicament "Darn, my shoes wet," she says. Immediately I was taken back by the DARN and was not sure whether to send her to time out or laugh. I realized that she had picked it up from me. Some people use NUTS or SHUX, I usED Darn, NOW we use, well not that word anymore. Anyhow, then she went straight to the diaper bag to grab her a plastic bag to put over her head to, well, preserve the Do and then the sunglasses to shield the...........reflection from her shoes, I guess

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how fun! you have such cute kiddos!

Sharon said...

Autumn is just too cute - love the bag on the head :)

Jenny said...

That's hilarious!!!!