Step 1: Encourage big sister to round up the prairie dogs on Trigger the pony with a rope.
Results: Baby laughing hysterically at his crazy haired cowgirl sister. Mom gets porch swept but is laughing to hard to accomplish much.
Step 2: Place baby on sisters bed with sisters jewelry in sisters room.
Result: Mom gets two shirts folded but has to keep sister from taking HER toys away from baby, nothing much accomplished
Step 3: Just give baby to Grandma.
Result: Dinner done but baby squirming to the floor to find mom and growling at grandma for making him stay.
Step 4: Put the baby in water.
Result: Soaking wet mom but happy baby.
Step 5: Feed baby peas, applesauce, watermelon, chicken noodle soup, and whatever else he can get his hands on in one sitting.
Result: Messing baby, messing chair, messing floor, and I still did not get to eat my dinner.
Step 6: While cleaning put the baby in the sink for a good eye level view.
Result: Wet baby, wet floor, wet counter, flour on the floor but dishes put successfully away, except all the ones thrown on floor.
Step 7: Butter grandma up by giving her a pedicure and manicure and then she won't even notice that you have a baby.
Now all this is in good fun because I actually wish she could stay. She has helped me so much. After every meal she washes the dishes and while I cook she entertains Autumn. Then when I serve her a meal she makes comments like "This is like heaven and wow that is the best bread I have ever eaten!" Grandma Jane loves to tell stories and remembers very well for being 89 years young.
And about the Baby-on-the-hipitis I am pleading Guilty. I figure they are only babies for a short time and it only takes about 1 year for them to figure out they want to do it all by themselves, everything all by themselves.
WE LOVE YOU GRANDMA.
6 comments:
What a cute and funny post. I say you enjoy the "baby-on-the-hipitis" as long as you can :)
How fun that your grandma visited you! It's so great that you guys can create memories like this with her!
So cute, Tera! I never had that disease because Natalie was so stinkin' heavy! But it is so fun to have extra help, especially Grandma help. Now, if she could only come over to my house and work wonders! :)
I also say enjoy baby on the the hipitis as well! They grow up way too fast!! Thanks for being such a neat person and a great friend.
Hi Tera! I hope you don't mind if I visit your blog. I saw your comment off of Havilah's. I didn't know you blogged. :) First off - happy (late) birthday and love the transformation on the house.
I totally agree about babies being babies for just a short while. We have to enjoy it as much as we can while we can!
Brucey boy is so handsome! I love the picture of him with Autumn's jewelry** All of us mommies are so buff from carrying our babies ;-D
Post a Comment