Today was the first of 30 days I will be sacrificing all that is scrumptious and delicious in chocolate. I am doing a wellness challenge with 23 men and women from the Walnut Canyon Ward. The challenge is very simple in theory, that is if you are a total Granola but as I am only half, then it is in deed a challenge. The biggest challenge for me is the NO sweets, meaning no chocolate. The challenge includes 10 category's that you must adhere to over the course of a month. Each week points are tallied and at the end we will accomplish the greatest of all human achievements, living healthy and clean. If you would like to join us in the challenge feel free, below is the categories that you must adhere to each day to receive maxium health kudos.
1. Drink 48 oz of water
2. 45 minutes of exercise
3. 2 servings of veggies, 2 servings of fruit
4. No soda, beer, wine, unhealthy snacks, or fried foods
5. No sweets
6. No eating dinner after 8pm
7. 15 min of scripture reading
8. One journal entry
9. Express sincere appreciation, love or praise to spouse
10. Personal Goal
So your in right?
If not, cheers to living a little more healthy! And wish me luck
P.S. DO not send any chocolate or leave any trace of chocolate in your candy bowl if I come to visit.
4 comments:
Woa. Good luck!! I might consider it if I could switch the times of exercise and scriptures. 45 minutes scriptures, 15 exercise. That's more my style. I think I'd die if I tried to exercise for 45 minutes! Then again, no sweets?! I have a glass of chocolate milk for lunch every day and I don't know if I can give it up. But man I think you're amazing for trying!
Why didn't we do our "diets" at the same time? We could have commiserated together as we watched our husbands ate chocolate, donuts, ice cream and zucchini cake. But I know that you will do fantastic on this challenge! I will be your cheerleader!
Good blessings in your healthy way of life!
So, why are you putting your mind and body through this torture? You eat healthy and are in INCREDIBLE shape...deary! I'm kidding...I think it's good to be reminded of how much self-discipline you actually have...every once in a while.
Post a Comment