Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Rock Wall


Little Brucey Boy and I have been working on a garden bed. We have made a rock wall that extends the width of our house and covers up part of the stem wall. We collected the rocks from around our house and down the road. And by the way if anyone has any lava rock that they want to donate to our cause please feel free to drop them off at our wall. My goal was to make it about 3ft tall but I ran out of rock so it will do for now, seeing as we have 8 more months before we can plant anything anyway. The garden bed is filled with home grown compost and horse manure. I plan to fill the garden bed with beautiful perennials, not sure what kind yet.
The next project is our garden. I am still formulating ideas in my head for all the railroad ties Isaac collected and the huge rocks that would not work for the wall. BUT don't hold you breath for this post because today it snowed here so my outside projects might have come to an abrupt halt.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: