Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Panther Pride

It is that time of year again! Track and Field started Monday and this year I am a Panther! I think it is my toughest mascot yet. I have been a high school Bulldog, college Lumberjack, and a high school mustang coach. This year is already looking to be my greatest season yet. We have over 100 kids on our roster with over 2/3 being boys and 1/4 of those being over 6'2. The kids have alot of team spirit and the coaching staff is well seasoned. The head coach has been there for 12 years and the long distance coach has been there for 15. The facilities are beautiful and the equipment is state of the art. We even have a full time weights coach that writes work outs for the kids like in college. The highlight of the year so far was on the first day of practice, I walked in with my crew (Autumn, Bruce, and Dryan) and 6 of my athletes from Sinagua came running over and gave me a big hug. GO PANTHERS!

No comments: