1.Organized a craft night for woman of her ward. Then organized another night so that women that could not come on Thursday nights could come to her house on Tuesday's.
2. Tended Bishop's kids.
3. Stood in as the on call babysitter for a friend. Then came at 5 in the mourning to the friends house so they could rush to the hospital. She then watched their little girl for 2 days and had a meal ready to give to them when they got home.
4. Made 2 beautiful quilted blankets for her girls because she loves them.
5. Brought an exhausted mother of 2 a Barney video for her 3 year old to watch.
6. Organized a baby shower/birthday party for a friend.
7. Cooked yummy Tonkasu chicken, Jalapeno chicken, and grilled pizza for some friends and then invited them into her home because they were desperately hungry.
8. Watched a little 4 mouth old baby that she had to persuade to take a bottle for the first time, while watching 3 other children as the rain started to fall and all the kids were TRAPPED inside.
9. Graciously made homemade bread for a family who was down in out of good quality homemade bread.
10. Baked delicious chocolate chip cookies for friends that kept having 'whoa is me stories' about buying a house.
11. Lended out her husband while she was sick to come paint another person's house.
12.Came to a families house the day they were moving and picked up their 2 year old to help the move go smoothly.
13. Substituted for the Primary Chorister while having to find a substitute for her own Primary class.
14. Loved, soothed, nurtured, cleaned, bathed, hugged, kissed, patted, fed, played with her 2 little girls.
15. Loved, soothed, nurtured, cleaned, bathed, hugged, kissed, patted, fed, played with one of her teething, sick girls.
16. Put off great plans for her wedding anniversary to move some friends.
17. Made delicious salads for a ward party and a friend's husbands birhday party.
18. Lent out paintbrushes, chairs, and putty knives to her very NEEDY friends.
This nomination is strictly UNconfidential. I am so honored to have such a wonderful friend like JAMIE MORRISS. At this very moment she is putting white bean soup in the crock pot to feed a woman who has sprained her ankle and to feed the missionaries who are allergic to everything but soup. I am so grateful to a recipient of all her kind acts. I hope she knows how much her love and kindness has helped ease others burdens. She truly is the perfect example of Christ like love.
If any of you have been a recipient of this persons love and service give JAMIE MORRISS a shout out. WE LOVE YOU JAMIE! THANKS FOR ALL YOU DO!
2 comments:
Way to go Jamie! You've got my vote!
I think the nominator should get some kudos also - I think she's pretty amazing too.
Wow, that is quite a list. I must say that even though I am married to her I didn't realize what amazing things my wife does. I think I can also add a few things to the list, not to brag about my wife, but because I think she deserve recognition for them:
1. Two to three times a week for more than a month she has watered our neighbors lawn. They have moved to Utah and are trying to sell their house, so she has been helping to take care of the lawn. She has also mown their front lawn a couple of times.
2. She cooked dinner and brought it over to our neighbor who just had knee surgery and can't get up and move around very easily.
3. She brought fresh baked bread and home made jam to a friend who helped us get the sand for our sand box.
She is pretty awesome if you ask me! Love you Jamie.
Post a Comment