Sunday, June 7, 2009

Round and Round

Bruce is a rolly polly bug. He rolled over for the first time today. Go Bruce. He now officially weighs 16 lbs and is 26 in long, lean mean fighten machine like his Daddy. He is in the 85th percentile for his height and 35th percentile for his weight. That tells me we need to feed that boy. Well, he wasted no time and this week we finally gave him some real food. He devoured it. I thought oh I will just start with a little oatmeal once a day and before you know it the kid is eating three meals a day as much as you can stuff in his little mouth. We have done oatmeal, pears, bananas, and an occasional cheerio from Autumn that we quickly finger swipe out. Bruce is also being a very big boy and sleeping his big sisters room. On most nights he goes down at 8 and will wake up at 3 to eat, then wake for the day at 5:30.
Autumn is a rolly polly bug. When we moved into our new house Autumn got a new toddler bed to sleep in. At first I was nervous that we would never keep her in it but to my delite she is doing very well for a beginner. Each night when I go to get Bruce to eat she is turned the other way or side ways, hence the rolly polly bug, but she has not fallen out YET. Autumn is doing really well with naps and stays in her bed all night, YAAAAAAAAAAAH for independence. Autumn and mommy are also making headway on potty training. Autumn is going about 5 times a day in the potty including #2. She is also really enjoying our new house, going from room to room finding treasures.
Daddy and mommy are rolly polly bugs. We have been working on our new house. It is such an adventure. We go round and round about were to put furniture or what color to paint a wall. Usually, I prevail and Isaac gets to implement the plan, I mean my plan, and I mean OUR plan. It actually has been really fun and I have done my fair share of painting with over the shoulder direction from Isaac. Who knew there could be so much to painting. Apparently, Isaac is a professional painter, who knew. So far we have almost completed the guest bedroom. Isaac did the carpet and bed installation and I primed and painted. The current project is the kitchen. Isaac has installed a stove and new fridge. We are living in luxury with a 22 cubic ft fridge, food storage in the refrigerator. I have been priming and painting the cabinets inside and out. They are taking longer than I had hoped but it is turning out nice. We have about 10 more boxes that have not found a home yet but other than that we are moved in.

Surprise 30th Birthday Party for Isaac. We go round and round about how old Isaac is. He never remembers. You would think it would be pretty easy since his siblings are 32, 31, 29, 28 or something close to that. Anyhow we are going to throw our first hoedown at our new place, Autumn and I that is. Daddy has no idea!!!

2 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

We are doing a lot of the same here. I'm getting ready to sand, prime, and paint here. My deliemma now is what color of white for the cabinets. Who knew there where like a billion different whites out there!

janae said...

I hope you take before and after pictures! Or at least after pictures. :) I'm glad you have a blog, by the way. It's about time we started keeping up more with the Arizona fam!