
1. Ami &
Pop's House- Ami (Isaac's mom) grows this beautiful flower garden in front of her house that makes everything look so bright and pretty. Perfect place for family photos. This was our first stop on our tour of the
LARSEN dwellings in Northern Arizona. We ate good food (as always), enjoyed good company, painted railings, and pulled weeds.

2. The Church of the
Lobos- I love football! Mainly because Isaac played football and it sounds like such a romantic tale when I think of his great
achievements as a high school and college athlete. The 2
nd stop on our tour was to Snowflake (hence The Church of the
Lobos). Isaac and I went to help with the Snowflake High School football camp. Isaac coached and I cooked. Tara and I made meals for the team each day. We made a record 8 trips to
Bashas in 5 days but
successfully fed 50 HUGE football players while taking care of 7 little children. I really enjoyed my visit with Tara. Most nights we went to bed way to late and got up way to early. It was so much fun to
reminisce about the good
ol' days and ponder on the mystery's of perfect parenting. Neither of us came up with a solution to perfect kids but will reveal our
findings in a book or something if we
actually figure it out BEFORE our kids leave home. Isaac also enjoyed his visit with Adam and using his knowledge to coach the
athletes.



3.
Family Pictures- My mother -in-law takes
theeee best pictures. This year she offered to take our family pictures. The experience was such a treat. We got to go to the La
Pasada in Winslow which has beautiful flower gardens and a waterfall. The pictures turned out great and will be a great addition to our newly painted walls.


4. 4
th of July Family Picnic- Each year Isaac's Family has a picnic out on the old farm. The farm is just north of Winslow and right in front of his parents house. Decades a ago Grandpa Hancock farmed Alfalfa and Oats. The farm is very
special to the family,
especially Isaac and I. Isaac did much of the work on the farm from planting to harvesting and raising cattle. Most of his
memory's as a youth come from working on the farm. I have a
special connection to the farm because when I first went to Winslow to meet Isaac's family it was on the 4
th of July. The days leading up to the picnic I hauled hay and rode horses with Isaac on the farm. That weekend I made a very close connection with Isaac's grandpa who thought is was pretty neat I that I could even pick up a bale of hay let alone help load a trailer full. He also was pleased that I could ride a horse with the best of them. I even jumped on one of his horses bareback and rode him around the pin. The picnic this year was just as memorable. The neatest part was the 18
grandkids of Elaine and Marshall's that were able to attend. What wonderful memories we are getting to share with family. It was also pretty cute that
every time Grandpa Hancock would sit down Autumn would run over and sit on his lap. She, like myself, enjoys
grandpa. We always send him pictures of her riding horses down at my moms.
5. Haircut-I cut my hair as you may have noticed. Everyone keeps saying "wow you look so young" and it is getting me pretty worried because I am not really all that old. Anyhow I donated 12 inches to locks of love and I love my new dew. Isaac the first day made 5, yes 5, nice comments about my hair, what a
relief (you know the whole guys and and long hair thing).

6.Sitting babies-Our little Bruce can
sit up. It is so cute. He
enjoys his new perspective on the world
especially since he is less
likely to get trampled when he is sitting like a big boy.
7. Home- So if you missed any stops I will break down our 9 day
vacation by town: Winslow, Snowflake, then Winslow. Now a break down of actual place: Ami &
Pop's, Church, Adam & Tara's,
Bashas, Snowflake football fields, Adam & Tara's,
Bashas, Snowflake
footaball field, Adam & Tara's,
Bashas,
Bashas, Snowflake football field,
Showlow, Adam & Tara's,
Bashas, Snowflake football field,
Bashas, Snowflake football field, Adam & Tara's,
BASHAS, Snowflake football field, Rachel & Justin's new house, Ami &
Pop's, Church, La
Pasada, Ami &
Pop's, The Farm, Ami &
Pop's, Church, Rachel & Justin's, Scott &
Shandi's. PHEW! When we got home it felt like the first day we moved in, you know 3 weeks ago. HOME SWEET HOME!
6 comments:
I love those family pictures!! I can't believe the kids-on-tree one, either. I've seen the ones with all the cousins, but yours has some really little babies. How you guys managed that one is amazing. I hope you can rest up after such a crazy vacation! (Isn't it funny how you almost need a vacation after your vacation?!)
those are darling pics! you have such a lovely family.
Sounds like a very fun time - a bit exhausting, but isn't that what sometimes makes it fun. So great that you could spend the 4th with family!
I love your hair cut - and very cool that you donated it to Locks of Love. I was going to do that once, but I didn't have the patience to grow it out long enough.
Hey!
I love your haircut, so cute! I have a very odd quesion. Awhile ago, you came and picked up your project for th Super Saturday that we did last year. I remember giving you ALL the foam for the Boo and Noel centerpiece, and now Mika actually wants her project and her half of the the foam is with you (I hope) So let me know if you still have it, if you do... great! Mika will be happy, if not I will go get some more. I am moving next week, so let me know.
Barb
You just amaze me. I have always thought the world of you. You look way cute with your new haircut. I'm excited for you to be in your new house! YAY!
Ok, the cutest little outfits ever! And love the cute short hair!!
Post a Comment