Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Achievement-Heaviest Purse

I am embarrassed to say that I have won an Achievement Award for the Heaviest Purse. Yes, me a Health Promotion Major. Now I went into the competition knowing what I was up against so in reality I asked for it, I brought my diaper bag to a purse competition but I know many moms will agree with me in saying that your diaper bag is your life. And today folks I did not question why I received the award because one month later I still have a heavy bag maybe even heavier than when I won the award at Enrichment.

Today when I brought in my bag from the car this is what I found, no joke:
2 new #3 diapers
1 new #4 diaper
1 used #3 diaper
1 package of new wipes
3 used wipes
1 wallet
1 pair of tweezers
1 new jar of baby carrot food
2 used jars of baby food
1 used printer cartridge
1 package of Kleenex with one Kleenex
1 box of baby crackers
5 file folder quiet books
1 Ziploc bag of 6 paper dolls
1 changing pad
3 pens
1 bottle of water
1 empty bottle of hand sanitizer
1 comb
1 children's book "Zebra and Foal"
2 melted crayons
2 packages of diaper cream ointment
5 new diaper trash bags
1 binkie
1 used plastic spoon
1 toothpick
AND last but not least
1 random vacuum attachment
OK, can you say RiDiCulOuS. I cannot believe that it has come to this, an award for the yuckiest diaper bag ever. And the sad part is that it did not even have all the snacks that I usually keep on hand for when I get the munchies, I could have gone hungry. So now I will stop blogging to go clean out my diaper bag, yuck!

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Wow - you had a lot of stuff in there. Other than snacks, I'd say you were very prepared . . . or maybe over-prepared :)

The Morriss Family said...

If I just take you everywhere I don't have to bring my own heavy bag, which by the way is gross but not as heavy as yours! That is talent, my friend.

janae said...

Okay, that was DOWNRIGHT HILARIOUS. I love that you had a dirty diaper inside. Gross. :) Congrats, I guess!

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

I'm glad there are people like you that carry everything under the sun in their purses. This allows people like me to be able to bum off your type when in need!

The Barb Chronicles said...

this is hilarious! The junk (crap) moms carry around... I went to clean out my diaper bag after I read this and at the bottom I found the nastiest pb&j I have ever seen! You are so cute.. thanks for the post. It made my morning.

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Tera, I sometimes use a program called photoscape to make collages. It's a free download and it actually makes blogging much faster when you want to use a bunch of pictures because you only have to load a single picture (collage) versus loading multiple pictures onto blogger and then rearranging them. Let me know if you want anymore details about it and I can email you.

Monica said...

Oh wow, what a diaper bag. I love how you truthfully listed all the used things, too. I feel like I should still carry a diaper bag because now I carry my purse that usually has close to 1/2 gal of water, my wallet, all my receipts and adds and coupons from who knows when, snacks for O, like 12 pens...etc. In addition, I carry a tiny child size backpack for O with his toys, diapers, more snacks, wipes and his water in it. Whew...is being over-prepared too much?:)