My beautiful little ladybug Autumn is growing up!
The other day I was sweeping the floor and Autumn was over on the couch looking through the scriptures we have on the end table. And truth be told she usually would be disciplined for such action because she is usually writing in this particular Book of Mormon. It's one of those "Don't hit!" as you spank your kid. Each night when we read Scriptures we under line any words that are a reference to Jesus Christ and so she tries to do the same except not so nicely underlined. Anyhow, so I am sweeping the floor dreaming about spring or sewing and I her say "I like my testimony" so my ears perk up and she proceeds to bare her testimony.
"I love my mommy and daddy. Church is true! I read scuwptures (scriptures). Prophet President Monson. I love Brucey Boy! Jesus wants me a Sunbeam. I love daddy. Hevennnly Fader (Heavenly Father) loves me."
WOW!
I am so blessed. I too know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the true Church and that President Thomas S. Monson is the prophet that leads and guides our church today. I know Jesus Christ is our Savior and that He wants us to shine through living His gospel. I know that I am a child of God and that He does love me.
This months Relief Society message is about Nurturing the Rising Generation. The message talks about how that our children are a chosen generation. They were prepared and held back for this the last dispensation of time. This generation will prepare the earth for Christ's 2nd coming. We have the divine responsibility to love and nurture Heavenly Father's children. What a awesome opportunity! I am so grateful to be a part of and have knowledge of Heavenly Father's plan. I love that the article encourages us to treat our children like converts. That means to me that we must take every opportunity to teach about our Savior Jesus Christ. BIG calling but President Hinckley stated "You have not failed as long as you have tried. Be patient."

3 comments:
That's awesome! Amazing how much they pick up!
I don't know why my post isn't showing up on people's blog list. I think that is the sweetest story. You are such a great mom. I always need to hear that as long as I'm trying I am doing something!
Wow - what a great experience. Thanks for sharing, and keep up the great parenting :)
Post a Comment