Friday, January 22, 2010

Brucey Boy



1 YEAR OLD TODAY
Isaac says the best part of being a dad to Autumn and Bruce is that he still remains the favorite no matter how much bribery I do. So now we have a daddy's girl AND a daddy's boy. It's just not fair! Like today when I am sitting on the floor playing with the kids and Daddy drives up with the tractor and all they want to do is go join him out in the COLD blowing SNOW. Isaac says I need to just feed them more ice cream and sweets and they would warm up to me.
1st YEAR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Bruce now has 6 signs which he uses when he really wants something.
He can sign more, all done, eat, bath, drink, and music.
His vocabulary includes 4 important words Mama, Dada, Autumn (pronounced as A), and ball.
He and Daddy daily work on their animal sounds and he can mow like a cow, quack like a duck, roar like an elephant, bark like a dog, and trumpet like a elephant.
1st YEAR GROWTH
We have not been to the doctors in a while but he has the potential to be a 6'5 tall, 190 lb dashing man.
Tall and skinning!
1st YEAR TRANSPORTATION
He prefers a tractor or horse ride to just about anything, but he can crawl and walk along furniture.
1st YEAR FAVORITES
1. Autumn and Daddy
2.Balls
3. Food-it can never go without mentioning how much my kids love food. The kid was devouring tuna yesterday.
4. Cars
5. Books
6. Baths
7. Socko our new dog
1st YEAR DISLIKES
1. Bibs
2. Cold Weather
3. Being alone

We all adore our little Brucey Boy! AND the best part is that I think almost all of our closest friends call him 'Brucey Boy" too. I love to just sit down on the floor with him and drive his little match box cars or throw the ball back and forth with him. I love to watch his eyes light up when Autumn walks into the room or when she wakes up. In the mourning's when Autumn comes waddling in he does a little squeal like he forgot she lived here and was so glad she could come and play. I love how intense he gets when he is hungry. His whole body will shake with anticipation. I love that his daddy and him get along so well. He does this little eye squinting smile like his DAD that melts my heart. I love that he loves animals as much as his dad. He road horseback with Autumn and I for 2 hours one day and loved every moment.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCEY!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Rachel Goodwin Williams said...

Your little guy is growing up fast! Great that you are recording all the little facts that are so easy to forget when they get bigger!

Jamie said...

1 year already? where did the time go??? I remember you calling me at like 4a.m. saying you were going into labor...
Brucey is the cutest! I wish we were there to celebrate!

janae said...

As babies all three of my kids would say dada when they were smiley and laughing, and mama when they were upset and screaming. So not fair! :) I can't believe he is so old already. He is so sweet!

Brant and Jana said...

Happy Birthday Brucey Boy, Sorry he doesn't like the cold and ended up with so much snow on his birthday!

Sharon said...

Can't believe he's a year old already - how time flies. Sounds like he's turning into quite the little man :)