In college I had five LDS roommates! They taught me all there was to know about RM's (return missionaries), wedding dresses, wedding rings, wedding receptions, group dating, home decorating, family meal planning, etc. One of my roommates ingrained in me the importance of marrying a man that could TILL THE EARTH, in other words a STUD that would work hard and protect my family. Before I met this crew of Molly Mormons I was going to be a Dr. and go to the Olympics. No way did I think about getting married under the age of 25 let alone the age of 20. Of course I liked boys, especially those that could work hard, but I was moving on to bigger and better things, UNTIL I MET ISAAC! Now Isaac is 6'4, 240lb, the perfect stud, well in my mind anyhow. When I saw him walk in the church door, towering over all the other guys, I knew that he was moving on to bigger and better things. I just was certain that he was to good for me and that, yes, this was just the kind of guy my roommate had been speaking of, but there was no way he was going to like a 5'7, 135lb hick from down south.
Well, the long and short of it is that he is a hick too and he is intimated by tall girls!
Now, I'm married to the STUD of my dreams, AND HE IS PRETTY GOOD AT TILLING THE EARTH!
I guess I am not the only one that got the memo!
4 comments:
So you are saying your girlfriends before college didn't talk about RMs, group dating, and engagement photos? That's weird. . . I remember when I first met Isaac, and I was so impressed with his studliness, he is so perfect for you. Cute post, I loved it.
That's right we are all about marrying studs!
So cute to know how you guys met. Thanks for sharing! And thanks for stopping by my blog so I could find the link to yours. :o)
Haha You did marry a good one and I am so glad!! Who was that WISE roommate of yours anyways who said to marry someone who can till the earth?? :) I sure love you Tara and are glad you are so happy with your darling family and that you didn't miss it all for being a DR! Although I am sure you would have been a great one, you are such a wonderful mom and wifey. Love you! I'm also glad to see that Issac could be humbled by seeing guys that are bigger than him:) ha
Post a Comment